Using Drama to Explore Global Issues
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will help teachers to use story-drama, to enter a shared, imagined world with their class, within which they can safely explore together, real issues of global significance, e.g. migration, pandemics, war, climate change, etc. Examples of good practice will be offered that link to current UNESCO aims. At least one drama lesson (depending on the session time available), will be presented, a step at a time. Ways in which drama strategies can be used to communicate and share the children’s thinking and learning, will be considered.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 1 published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email email@example.com