Using Drama Strategies with Picture Books to teach PSHE
ABOUT THE COURSE
Picture books are often used, when teaching PSHE in primary schools. Through Drama, the children can be supported to actively enter the story together, personally, socially and emotionally, often with the teacher as a co-participant, ensuring and using the PSHE learning possibilities.
This course sets out some necessary drama protocols, explains some key drama strategies and exemplifies them within a KS1 and/or KS2 drama for PSHE lesson, (depending on the session time available). The lesson will use an age-appropriate picture book and teachers will learn how to support children, to meaningfully explore the stories, images and PSHE focussed situations together, (both in and out of role).
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 KS1 lesson plans
• 2 KS2 lesson plans
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
If schools book a full day, there is the option of including one session on ‘Using Drama Against Bullying’ (based on either a poem or picture book).
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org