Using Drama Strategies as Thinking and Inter-thinking Frames across the Curriculum
ABOUT THE COURSE
‘Drama for Learning’ has a great toolbox of Drama Strategies that can be used in any subject lesson. They can be used to as frames, to stimulate, scaffold and share different types of thinking and inter-thinking. Drama Strategies can also be used in sequences, to build a thought provoking ‘whole-class drama’.
Teachers on this course will learn how to set up and use between 8 and 12 drama strategies as thinking frames, (depending on the session time available). They will also be guided ‘step by step’, through at least one drama lesson, within which the strategies are sequenced to build a Drama and get children communicating their thoughts, in various ways.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 2 published articles
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £225
Half day (up to 3 hours): £325
Full day (up to 6 hours): £625
Costs are based on one school OR up to 30 attendees.
- Above 30 attendees, add £10 per additional person
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £175)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org