Using Drama Strategies as Thinking and Inter-thinking Frames across the Curriculum
ABOUT THE COURSE
‘Drama for Learning’ has a great toolbox of Drama Strategies that can be used in any subject lesson. They can be used to as frames, to stimulate, scaffold and share different types of thinking and inter-thinking. Drama Strategies can also be used in sequences, to build a thought provoking ‘whole-class drama’.
Teachers on this course will learn how to set up and use between 8 and 12 drama strategies as thinking frames, (depending on the session time available). They will also be guided ‘step by step’, through at least one drama lesson, within which the strategies are sequenced to build a Drama and get children communicating their thoughts, in various ways.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 2 published articles
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org