Teaching History Through Drama
ABOUT THE COURSE
Drama can be used to help a class actively engage with historical times, characters, situations, events, images, diaries and other historical texts and documents, in memorable ways. This course explains some practical ways of approaching the teaching of history through drama, and takes teachers ‘step by step’ through at least one ‘History Through Drama’ unit (depending on the session time available), e.g. The Great Fire of London, Florence Nightingale, The Discovery of Tutankhamun’s Tomb, Evacuees.
Respect for historical evidence will be maintained throughout the drama, whilst highlighting that history can be recounted and recorded in various ways, by a range of people, at different points in time and for various purposes.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 1 published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £225
Half day (up to 3 hours): £350
Full day (up to 6 hours): £650
Costs are based on one school OR up to 30 attendees.
- Above 30 attendees, add £10 per additional person
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £175)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org