Using ‘Drama for Learning’ to teach History
ABOUT THE COURSE
Drama can be used to help a class to actively engage with historical characters, situations, images, texts, diaries and other documents, in memorable ways. This course will offer ways to approach the teaching of history through drama, before taking teachers ‘step by step’ through at least one ‘History Through Drama’ unit (depending on the session time available), e.g. The Great Fire of London, Florence Nightingale, The Discovery of Tutankhamun’s Tomb, Evacuees.
Respect for historical evidence will be maintained throughout the drama, whilst raising children’s awareness that history can be re-told in different ways and for various purposes.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 1 published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on one school OR up to 30 attendees.
- Above 30 attendees, add 5% pp
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email email@example.com