Using ‘Drama for Learning’ techniques to enter, explore and understand Picture Books
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will explain how to practically explore picture books with a whole class, using drama techniques and strategies to focus attention on the content and meaningful interplay of both the text and images. With direct reference to one or two high quality picture books (depending on the session time available), teachers will learn ‘step by step’ how to help children to enter the story together and actively and thoughtfully engage with the characters, situations, settings and events. Additional images and text can also be created through this process and this will also be explained and exemplified.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 KS1 lesson plans
• 2 KS2 lesson plans
• A published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org