Using Drama against Bullying (KS2)
ABOUT THE COURSE
Drama can be used to enable whole classes to safely explore and consider anti-social and oppressive behaviours, such as bullying, in a safely distanced way. This course will explain how teachers can set up drama protocols and then use drama strategies (and some Forum Theatre), to enable children to actively explore together, the thoughts, feelings and possible actions of bullies, bystanders and victims, in ways that can lead towards positive outcomes. A drama lesson will be presented ‘step by step’, based on a poem about bullying, which can have alternative endings.
• Learn how to negotiate a ‘Drama Contract’;
• Learn some basic techniques, used in Forum Theatre;
• Explore a lesson ‘step by step’, in which drama strategies are used to support inter-thinking towards action and positive outcomes;
• 2 ‘anti-bullying’ drama lessons;
• A copy of 2 poems;
• Drama Strategies booklet;
• The Drama Contract;
• The Powerpoint (as a PDF)
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
If schools book a full day, they can include another half day course, e.g. ‘Using Drama with Picture Books to teach PSHE’.
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org