Learning Through Drama in Storyland (Early Years)
ABOUT THE COURSE
Children can learn enjoyably, through both dramatic play and Drama. This course will explain how teachers can take a whole class of young children to and from Storyland together, in ways that ensure that planned and opportunistic learning happens there. Opportunities for story-mapping, writing and problem-solving will be highlighted and some roles and functions of the teacher (both in and out of Storyland) will be explained and exemplified.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• A lesson plan for Storyland
• 2 published articles
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org