Getting Started with ‘Drama for Learning’ – The Basics
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is designed for teachers who want to learn how to use ‘Drama for Learning’ with confidence. ‘Drama for Learning’ as an approach will be explained and participants will receive guidance on how to first negotiate a ‘Drama Contract’ with their class. Twelve key drama strategies will be explained, with examples of ways that they have been used within various lessons.
One or more primary drama lessons will then be presented, ‘step by step’ (depending on the time available) and the main learning opportunities and intentions of the lesson/s will be outlined. The shifting roles and functions of the teacher at different points during the lesson will also be considered, and how teachers can choose to approach and use Teacher-in-Role in different ways, for various purposes.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 KS1 lesson plans
• 2 KS2 lesson plans
• 2 relevant published articles.
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on up to 30 attendees. Above 30, please add 5% pp.
Please add travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days).
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email email@example.com