Exploring Narrative Poetry Through Drama
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will explain how teachers can use drama to enable a class to actively engage with narrative poetry, in a meaningful and memorable way. A range of drama strategies will be used, that can enable children to enter the fiction in role and to interactively explore the language, imagery, verses, characters, settings, key moments and themes contained within the poem. Ways in which narrative poems can be extended through drama, will also be suggested.
Teachers will be guided ‘step by step’, through at least one drama unit based on a narrative poem (or two units, if there is sufficient session time available), e.g. The Pied Piper of Hamelin, The Lady of Shallot, The Listeners, What Has Happened to Lulu?
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 1 published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £225
Half day (up to 3 hours): £325
Full day (up to 6 hours): £625
Costs are based on one school OR up to 30 attendees.
- Above 30 attendees, add £10 per additional person
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £175)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org