Exploring Myths and Legends Through Drama
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will explain how teachers can use drama to enable a class to actively engage with any myth or legend, making it both vivid and memorable. The drama lesson will exemplify how to make dramatic use of some readily available images, texts and music already inspired by a myth and/or legend. A range of drama strategies will be used to deepen engagement with the narrative, the characters, settings, key moments and themes.
Teachers will be guided ‘step by step’, through at least one drama unit (depending on the session time available), based on a myth and/or legend, e.g. Beowulf, Theseus and the Minotaur, The Green Children, The Wild Man of Orford, The Missing Moon.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 lesson plans
• 1 published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on one school OR up to 30 attendees.
- Above 30 attendees, add 5% pp
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email firstname.lastname@example.org