Drama for Oracy
ABOUT THE COURSE
Drama can be used intentionally, to develop children’s oracy skills. This mainly practical course demonstrates how Drama Strategies can be set up as ‘Talk Frames’ in any subject lesson, as well as during ‘whole class drama’ lessons. Drama strategies use different configurations and groupings and provide a range of opportunities for children to talk to (and with) different listeners and responders, (either in or out of role). Teachers will also learn ways of sequencing drama strategies during a ‘whole class drama’, to ensure and maintain an oracy focus.
Teachers will be guided practically and theoretically, through one, two or three lessons, (depending on the time available). Oracy opportunities will be highlighted and explained throughout.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 KS1 lesson plans
• 2 KS2 lesson plans
• A published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £225
Half day (up to 3 hours): £325
Full day (up to 6 hours): £625
These costs are based on one school and up to 30 participants.
- Above 30 participants, add £10 per additional person
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £175)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes
• planning and teaching lessons with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and ‘next steps’ feedback
• drama subject leader support
• drama curriculum review and development
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email email@example.com