Drama for Oracy
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course will help teachers to learn how Drama Strategies can be used as ‘Talk Frames’, to help children to develop their oracy skills. The various strategies use different configurations and groupings and provide a range of opportunities for children to talk, listen and respond, (both in and out of role). Teachers will also learn how to sequence strategies to develop a whole class drama, with a main focus on oracy.
Teachers will be taken practically, ‘step by step’ through one or two lessons, (depending on the time available) and the oracy opportunities will be explained and highlighted.
• A Drama Contract
• A Drama Strategies booklet
• A copy of the Powerpoint (as a PDF)
• 2 KS1 lesson plans
• 2 KS2 lesson plans
• A published article
Twilights (up to 2 hours, on site or online): £200
Half day (up to 3 hours): £300
Full day (up to 6 hours): £600
Costs are based on one school OR up to 30 attendees.
- Above 30 attendees, add 5% pp
- Travel @45p a mile, (capped at £150 for full days)
- Overnight budget hotel accommodation, (if required)
ADDITIONAL ADVICE AND SUPPORT AVAILABLE
• demonstration lessons with your classes,
• planning and teaching lessons in partnership with your teachers
• drama lesson observations and feedback,
• drama subject leader support and curriculum development planning
• whole school drama audits, review and development advice and support
To book a course and/or to arrange bespoke advice and support, email email@example.com