TERMLY TWILIGHT BRIEFINGS FOR ENGLISH SUBJECT LEADERS (2017-18)
DateMon, 13th November, 2017
Time4:15 pm - 5:45 pm
LocationClifford Road Primary School, Ipswich
A twilight each term to catch up on
• Changes to assessment and accountability in English
• Shifts in government policy that have implications for English subject leaders
• Review of emerging results and statistics
• Recent trends relating to English, subject leadership, phases and pupil groups in Ofsted reports
• An update on recently-published educational research
• Pedagogical issues for English
Agendas are always current, well-informed and specified exactly a month before the course.
The Autumn 2017 briefing will focus on:
• Patterns in the 2017 results so far
• New developments related to assessment and accountability in English, and in particular the new performance descriptors if available by then
• Recent trends in Ofsted reports relating to reading
• Review of recently-published educational research
• A free KS1 Spelling resource
£40 per person
Course name:TERMLY TWILIGHT BRIEFINGS FOR ENGLISH SUBJECT LEADERS (2017-18)
Date:Mon, 13th November, 2017
Time:4:15 pm - 5:45 pm
Location:Clifford Road Primary School, Ipswich
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Sue has been Chief Adviser on School Standards at the DfE for seven years and led the government’s work on pedagogy, deprivation, disadvantaged groups, the core subjects, assessment, accountability and school improvement.
Sue has worked at every level of the education system as a teacher, trainer, inspector and director of the last government’s National Strategies.
Sue is also well known for her classroom publications for spelling, grammar, reading, English literature, literary theory, writing and special needs. The TES describes Sue as a mix of ‘inspirational delivery combined with common sense practicality.