Outstanding Classroom Assistance
DateFri, 14th June, 2019
Time9:30 am - 3:30 pm
LocationSt William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
What makes an outstanding T.A.?
An outstanding Teaching Assistant can make all the difference to pupils’ progress. But sometimes it’s hard to know how to best assist in an ever-changing classroom environment, as well as how to balance the hundred-and-one tasks that a T.A. is called on to perform.
The role of T.A. is fraught with difficulties: Teachers can be hard to catch up and liaise with in school, meaning that sometimes a T.A. does not have a clear idea of what pupils are supposed to be doing. Oftentimes, pupils will expect a T.A. to do all the work for them.
This course will provide practical strategies for T.A.s to:
• Assist with in-lesson assessment and feedback
• Assist with differentiation in a lesson
• Support collaborative work in an effective way
• Run effective intervention sessions with small groups and individuals
• Help struggling learners to access difficult reading or writing tasks
• Motivate reluctant learners
• Deal with challenging behaviour
• Design invaluable resources
• Enhance progress for EAL learners
• Take helpful “in-lesson notes” and keep useful records of intervention
• Communicate effectively with the teacher and support planning
• Find the “key” to learning for hard-to-reach pupils
• Use effective questioning
• Help learners retain knowledge in the long-term”
• Call attention to and review the main ideas of a lesson
• Encourage learners to ask questions
• Promote appropriate discussion about subject matter
• Help learners actively integrate new knowledge into larger concepts
• Keep learners’ personal development as priority – fostering their resilience, confidence and independence
Strategies will be realistic and useable by delegates the very next day, across the curriculum and with different Key Stages.
£160 for 1 place, £300 for 2 places
Course name:Outstanding Classroom Assistance
Date:Fri, 14th June, 2019
Time:9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location:St William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Isabella Wallace is co-author of the best-selling teaching guides, “Pimp Your Lesson!”, “Talk-Less Teaching”, and the new “Best of the Best” Classroom Guides for Teachers. An experienced and award-winning educator, she is consultant and contributor for the Oxford Dictionary of Education and presents nationally and internationally on outstanding teaching and learning.
Described as one of the most charismatic trainers working in the UK today, Isabella’s training sessions are both practical in nature and cutting edge in content. As a widely-experienced teacher and leader, she can relate to teachers in a variety of contexts, and she produces and shares materials that enhance practice in subjects across the curriculum