Leading geography in your primary school
DateThu, 31st October, 2019
Time9:30 am - 3:30 pm
LocationSt William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
This training day will develop your skills and confidence as a Geography subject leader. It will look at how Geography can be delivered effectively across your school, considering what makes for a quality Geography curriculum. This includes questions about vision and intent, progression and assessment.
• Reflect on the National Curriculum for Geography, its main features and what a quality Primary Geography curriculum looks like.
• Explore how the subject is taught in your school, and how to make effective cross-curricular links that include explicit Geography.
• Develop cohesive and manageable curriculum long-term planning that ensures clear progression in both knowledge and skills.
• Consider approaches to assessing children’s progress.
• Consider effective ways of supporting your colleagues.
• Find out about effective and low-cost support and resourcing.
• Become familiar with relevant Ofsted documentation, including the 2019 inspection framework and subject guidance for Geography
£160 for 1 place, £300 for 2
Course name:Leading geography in your primary school
Date:Thu, 31st October, 2019
Time:9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location:St William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Bookings are closed for this event.