Greater Depth: Differentiation in a Mastery Approach
DateFri, 22nd March, 2019
Time9:30 am - 3:30 pm
LocationSt William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
(plus 20% VAT - VAT Reg.No: 188 0821 84)
• To explore simple yet powerful ways to plan lessons to support and challenge all pupils through differentiation by depth
• To establish and understand the importance of a daily/weekly mathematics timetable and termly calendar to support ‘Teach Up, Keep Up’ same day/week intervention to prevent attainment gaps and challenge all pupils
• To develop a clear and practical understanding of the ‘Fab Four’ – essential for developing a teaching for mastery approach to support and challenge all pupils
• To identify and challenge ‘rapid graspers’
• To share ‘outstanding’ success stories from schools that have improved their progress and ‘greater depth’ headlines
£160 for 1 place, £300 for 2 places
Course name:Greater Depth: Differentiation in a Mastery Approach
Date:Fri, 22nd March, 2019
Time:9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location:St William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
Price:£160.00 (Plus 20% VAT – VAT Reg.No: 188 0821 84)
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Steve Lomax is Mathematics Strategic Lead for the Balcarras Teaching School Partnership and GLOWMaths Hub (@GLOWmaths) and works to improve outcomes for mathematics in schools regionally and nationally through MaxTheMaths Consultancy. He has been working with senior leaders, mathematics subject leaders, teachers and pupils for 25+ years.
Through his current, and previous roles of Mathematics Adviser for Gloucestershire (4-19), NCETM Specialist Adviser for Mathematics, Mathematics Subject Leader, SLT, AST and SLE, Steve is an outstanding teacher and has a proven track record, locally and nationally, of leading change in maths education. He has worked with maths teachers, in Shanghai as part of the National Maths Hubs research into the teaching for mastery in mathematics.
Steve is a nationally accredited NCETM Professional Development Lead and co-founder of Can Do Maths (www.CanDoMaths.org ) and Kangaroo Maths www.kangaroomaths.com