Enriching primary maths teaching for NQTs and NQT+1 teachers (KS1 and/or KS2)
DateThu, 23rd April, 2015
Time9:30 am - 3:30 pm
LocationLionwood Junior School, Norwich
This course will:
• Provide support for primary NQTs and NQT+1 teachers in deepening their subject and pedagogical knowledge for teaching mathematics in KS1 and KS2
• Explore the importance of representation in teaching and learning mathematics
• Explore teaching approaches to deepen children’s understanding of key areas in the new curriculum such as division and fractions
• Consider practical and engaging activities to meet the core aims of the national curriculum: fluency, problem solving and reasoning
• Suggest practical and effective ways to assess children’s progress
£160 for 1 place, £300 for 2 places
Course name:Enriching primary maths teaching for NQTs and NQT+1 teachers (KS1 and/or KS2)
Date:Thu, 23rd April, 2015
Time:9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location:Lionwood Junior School, Norwich
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Lynne Greenwood is a Senior Lecturer in Primary Mathematics Education at the University of Brighton, where she teaches Mathematics Curriculum Studies on the BA and Post Graduate programmes. She has 15+ years’ Primary School experience in various roles, i.e. deputy head. Mathematics leader, One to One tutor, Foundation Stage coordinator and class teacher. She has taught across the whole primary phase. Rachel has worked as a Primary Mathematics consultant in various LAs providing support and guidance through bespoke school based staff meetings, LA based INSET and targeted in-school consultancy work.
Anne Barry has an extensive teaching background across the full age and ability range from Foundation Stage to Further Education including leading the development of Mathematics and Assessment. She has been a deputy head and head teacher at primary level and a local authority consultant for Mathematics and Assessment.