Effective Delivery of Design and Technology
DateFri, 12th March, 2021
Time9:30 am - 3:30 pm
LocationSt William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
The course has been developed to give primary classroom teachers the key tools and strategies needed to effectively teach Design and Technology.
The course will enable delegates to:
• Develop an understanding of the expectations of the D&T curriculum and how this fits into the new Ofsted framewor
• Develop three projects that address the learning of mechanisms, electronics, control technology and structures within the primary curriculum allowing for progression in learning
• Develop projects that will allow for cross curricular links and an understand of how learning within Design and Technology can connect children to careers across STEM
Delegates will need to bring laptops with the following software downloaded: https://redfernelectronics.co.uk/crumble-software/
£160 for 1 place, £300 for 2
Course name:Effective Delivery of Design and Technology
Date:Fri, 12th March, 2021
Time:9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Location:St William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Leanne is an experienced Design and Technology teacher and leader, who works at Primary and Secondary Level. She founded The STEM Workshop (Jan.2018) to embed STEM into the curriculum and help ensure all young people gain access to quality STEM education.
Her experience includes:
• Teacher of Design and Technology (Secondary) for 16 years
• Head of Design and Technology
• Assistant Headteacher – Community engagement
• Head of Maths
• Head of Science
• STEM Coordinator (worked also with the RAF Museum)
• Works for several schools locally and nationally
• Consultant for Design and Technology Association
• Associate for STEM
• Learning and STEM Ambassador
• STEM engagement officer at The Marches Centre of Manufacturing and Technology a training centre for apprenticeships
• Examiner and moderator for Edexcel