CURRENT ISSUES FOR PRIMARY ASSESSMENT LEADS
DateMon, 11th February, 2019
Time1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
LocationSt William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
(plus 20% VAT - VAT Reg.No: 188 0821 84)
We catch up on recent developments and think through the implications for planning in schools
1. Update: A consideration of the new Ofsted framework and its implications for assessment leads. Also, an update on government policy on assessment and accountability including developments in the baseline test and the revision of the EYFSP.
2. Implementing pre-standard: The DfE’s publication of a radically new version of pre-NC standards for pupils working below NC levels, for September has reignited the issue of how we meet the needs of children working well below their peers, if we are to maintain inclusive standards. This item follows on from last session’s briefing to address the more general (and not new) issue of how we cope with children who are very significantly behind their year.
3. Inside this year’s results: How did we do this year? What lessons can be drawn from emergent patterns?
4. Monitoring a cultural entitlement: An increasing number of schools are offering all children a cultural entitlement to experiences they consider life-enhancing for children. These range from a visit to a theatre or an art gallery to swimming in open water, visiting the seaside and riding a horse. I share some ideas and a great example.
5. Assessment unit for use with NQTs: A 30 minute training session for use with NQTs
• to establish the principles of assessment
• to secure their understanding of formative, periodic and summative assessment
• to identify ways in which teachers should respond to assessments made
6. The assessment of thinking and learning skills across the curriculum: Once the assessment of subjects is established, schools will want to consider how we monitor learning in the round. In this session, we look at cross-cutting assessments that map pupil learning across the curriculum. You leave with a full set of 8 ladders (by year) of assessment criteria
£90 per person
Course name:CURRENT ISSUES FOR PRIMARY ASSESSMENT LEADS
Date:Mon, 11th February, 2019
Time:1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Location:St William’s Primary School, William’s Loke, Norwich
Price:£0.00 (Plus 20% VAT – VAT Reg.No: 188 0821 84)
Please ensure you add all delegate names in the 'Delegate Name(s)' field below. We would appreciate if you can also check you have correctly entered all address fields.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Sue was Chief Adviser on School Standards at the DfE and led the government’s work on pedagogy, deprivation, disadvantaged groups, the core subjects, assessment, accountability and school improvement.
Sue has worked at every level of the education system as a teacher, trainer, inspector and director of the last government’s National Strategies.
Sue is also well known for her classroom publications for spelling, grammar, reading, English literature, literary theory, writing and special needs. The TES describes Sue as a mix of, ‘inspirational delivery combined with common sense practicality.’